We enjoyed having the
team friends! They were encouraging and such an honor to be around. It’s often hard to find the words to describe what it is like living in Haiti so when we have visitors come it is an honor to share with them about this place.
I could write so SO much about the last few days but here is a quick glimpse.
In a nutshell:
- Visited Heartline (Maternity Center, Women’s Center – literacy, sewing, cooking, Teen mom house)
- Did some work out at the OK Corral (the new property Heartline purchased)
- Picked up missing luggage at the airport
- Picked up Mary who ended up a day late b/c of weather in Minneapolis
- Flew into Fond-de-blancs on an MAF single engine plane
- Visited Haiti Christian Development Fund
- Story! Drove back about a 5 hour journey. Tim realized he forgot his phone in the car. Tim ran out the gate. I jumped on my motorcycle. Picked up Tim on the moto. Drove crazy -in crazy- traffic looking for the driver. Meanwhile someone found a phone # and was able to get in touch with the driver. Needless to say – that was an exciting motorcycle ride 😀
- Went to the hospital to sing, pray and visit over the sick and dying.
- Went to Port Au Prince Fellowship church
- Yikes! We hosted a group of people that were robbed in a distant city in Haiti. They came to the GH for refuge for the night and off to the Embassy this morning.
- Had a night of worship back at the house – which was so amazing b/c God was present. Chris shared a little devo with us which was a blessing.
We pray for safe travels back to the U.S. today.