It is always an honor to see groups of people meet at the guest house. I traditionally rationalize in my mind that it is coincidence or some sort of stroke of luck that people end up connecting with others while visiting the guest house. My logical mind has a hard time comprehending that other forces are at work.
It’s been too many times and to many coincidences. To many people come at the perfect time to connect with the perfect people. Should I be surprised? We pray for this everyday!
Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous. -Albert Einstein
Tonight we had two people on different trips:
Group A – Bill & Jen:
- Bill & Jen have been trying to adopt for 4/5 years. Ouch!
- They have lived in Haiti for 9 years out in a small village.
- Grew up in Kansas City – Missouri suburb.
- Have adopted from Haiti.
- Have been involved in Haiti for the last 12 years with orphanages.
- Grew up in the same Kansas City – Missouri suburb as Bill & Jen.
- Went to the same high school.
- Worked at the same McDonalds at the same time.
- Knew the same people.
- Met in Haiti tonight at the Guest House 🙂
I wanted to start writing about these meetings because this isn’t the first time. It’s not the second, third or fourth! It feels like it’s been happening as often as we see the pigs outside on the road! (Which is every morning 😉 )
Haiti adoptions are not always easy. In fact, the are usually downright confusing and difficult. The process is not always the same and may or may not change based on your situation.
Besides growing up in the same area – The connection and experience of this other group tonight will help Bill & Jen as they work through issues in their process that others have worked through.
It is a privilege and honor to see these “coincidences”.
Coincidence is the word we use when we can’t see the levers and pulleys. -Emma Bull