What a couple weeks! Melissa and I are working fully on Heartline projects. Thankfully we have had the help of close friends! Barry, Nick and Josh have helped out so so much!
At the guest house:
- This week we were focused on stocking the gift shop… which was getting empty! We headed to the tin market and stepped into a shop we have never seen before. All I can say is… freeeaakkyyy.
Thankfully our shop is looking better:
- Preparing and working on the new “Information Center”. Barry was the brains behind this project! It looks so awesome! Today we were able to wire Ethernet cable over to the VoIP international phone. Now it will be very visible .
- Fixing the downstairs shower. This has been an issue for a while. I wish I could say there were know-how behind this project but none of us really knew what we were doing Amazingly, it’s finished! Soooooooo Thankful!
- Modified the guest house introduction video. This is to prepare for the coming summer months of teams that will arrive.
- Responding to email
- Most of my time has been spent creating a new website just for the guest house. Troy helped take pictures of the guest house for the website!
- One thing I have been trying to do more of recently is doing a devotional before supper each night with the guests. This hasn’t been happening every night but I usually like to read a story of those that have been killed or persecuted for their faith. Very vivid stories but also thankful that we can all worship freely in Haiti and in the U.S.!
- Chandler and I met to start discussing updating the Haitian Creations website
- Helped Fabienne at Haitian Creations with new barcodes
- Here is a quick glimpse into the new shop – looks pretty amazing!
- While doing the shelves… Barry noticed this message on the can of stain