As you know, there is no typical day in Haiti. This is just a quick update with the happenings of us recently.
- Hosted a group that was doing medical care. Great group of women. They were so appreciative of the guest house after a long week. They called it an oasis. Glad we could get to know them.
- Melissa played piano in church this last Sunday.
- Ryan currently figuring out how to get city power again. We are on day eight without city power. This really means talking to the big chief and asking what in the world do I do 😉
- Ryan went to Cite Soleil and met the gangs. This is to help with student sponsorships. I now understand why this is so stressful. Will blog about this later 😀
- Melissa & Ryan are getting ready to help play guitar and piano for church Sunday (it is an honor to be asked to help and we are excited for this!)
- Melissa has been figuring out the food schedule and cooking for the guest house – she is amazing!
- Ryan is working on proposal to use Trello for project management. This will help our efforts of prioritizing tasks and plan for the future. If everyone is on the same page with the needs to get done it will in turn help the organization be more effective at reaching and helping the Haitian people.
- Ryan is working on improving the donation links on the heartline website. The current method is using a free service that is confusing a lot of people. Didn’t you know that you have to buy 10 items which equals $10 dollars 😀
- Ryan is doing the work of Rexi’s job (our assistant manager) since she is at school this week. Yikes!