They are all mentioned in this post! Ok, I know… it’s a stretch, I really just couldn’t think of a title for this post 😀 So much has been happening lately, it’s hard to pick which piece would be the best to dive into.
- Gary (Melissa’s brother) and Kristin have had a son named Owen! We are so excited for them! We are officially Uncle Ryan & Auntie Melissa!
- My mom & Kathy will be visiting at the end of November!
- My brother is not getting deployed. My parents are heading out to visit him in WA this week.
Foothills & Board Members
- Group from Denver Colorado visited to work on Heartline projects. They have been doing an amazing job with getting a workshop built out of a cargo container out at the property. They have fixed a bunch of stuff at the guest house. A couple people wrote Melissa such an encouraging note. Came at just the right time…
- The Heartline board members visited this week. Got to meet some new faces. It was great to see them in person.
- Jeremy, part of the foothills group, is a executive chef and cooked after the earthquake at the Heartline field hospital. This week he taught at the Heartline cooking school and took some time to sit down with Melissa to brainstorm new ideas for our guesthouse menu.
- Things fixed at the guest house: shower leaking, shower curtain in guys bathroom, fan for upstairs loft area, cleaned kitchen sink drainage pipes (I just about lost my lunch helping with this!), fixed broken tile on the floor, legs loose on dining room table. Thank you foothills!
- Talked with the bean counter (Tom) about using Quickbooks to track expenses, income, store inventory, etc. I was an avid Quicken user, when we had income :-), and Quickbooks is built by the same company so it had some similarities but much more options! Thanks Tom for the Quickbooks 101 lesson.
- Learned a bit more about the guest house. It helps provide money for supporting the ministries of Heartline. When people pay to stay here it is definitely providing for the maternity center, harbor house, etc.
- Mel & I had a creole lesson at the haiti cooking school! I was a bit uncomfortable surrounded by ladies with sharp objects 😀 They had us sit down at the table and eat properly. I guess putting the napkin on my head was also not proper 😀
- Heartline is looking to expand the tilapia project. It has been running for a few years and is something I find very fascinating, especially as it could grow to really help support Heartline. We went out into the country to visit another tilapia farm. Beautiful scenery!