The last few weeks have been a whirlwind at the guest house:
- We had an over-packed house with 41 people at the guest house. We just keep trying to break records here 🙂 There were enough cots for the groups and everyone had such a great spirits. To God’s credit, it went very smoothly!
- Adopting: We had a family at the guest house for a couple weeks hoping to adopt. They felt called to apply for a visa so that they could take the child home on this visit. Unfortunately they were turned down. We prayed with them on their last night. You could see the tears in their eyes. Sometimes we just don’t understand God’s plan and we just need to keep trusting him. That can be very very difficult when the rubber meets the road!
- Construction: Asher (official title: driver | really: driver + knows everything about construction + electrical) has been here helping Heartline the last two months! It has been an honor and pleasure having him with Heartline especially with the much needed projects! In the picture – we built a cabinet to hold the tools at the Guest House. We also re-used the workbench that was in the old tool room.
- Additional Room: We turned the tool room into another bedroom! The room will mostly likely be used for the rotating drivers that come through the house. The next driver, Evan, will stay in this room. Melissa in her “officially cool” shirt is painting away!
- HeartlineMinistries.org: Moved the website to a different server, added support for secure donations via credit card and paypal.
- Haitian Creations: This needs to be a full blog update at some point. We continue to pray that God guides this ministry. We want to be best prepared for our current operations and for future expansions of this ministry. Ultimately, whatever we do we want it to benefit the ladies in the program and future ladies that will be coming through the program. This work has been exciting work! Look forward to updating you soon!
- Water: The water outside the village is still very bad and getting worse this evening. I am always amazed at the Haitians – they walk through this stuff day in and day out.
How are you?! Let us know how you are doing! What is new in your life! We continue to pray for you all back in the states.
Other Random Pictures